Junior and/or senior investment officers
Challenging opportunity for goal getting, experienced investment & finance professional in Central & East Africa
To strengthen the local fund management teams in Angola, Congo (DRC) and Uganda, we are looking for experienced Investment Officers (Jr/Sr).
You will be part of a small team, spread over three local offices (Kampala, Kinshasa and Luanda). The team is involved in looking for new investment opportunities and working closely with existing portfolio companies to help them reach their goals.
Investment Funds: Central African SME Fund, African Rivers Fund (ARF), ARF III
The Central African SME Fund is a USD 19 million investment fund, investing in non-listed Small and Medium Sized Companies (SMEs) in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Central African Republic (CAR). The Fund’s cornerstone investors are IFC, member of the World Bank Group, FMO, the Dutch development bank, and Lundin Foundation. CASF has made over 30 investments in a wide range of sectors including healthcare, education, transport, ICT, retail and services.
The African Rivers Fund is a USD 50 million fund investing in SMEs in Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo and Uganda.
The African Rivers Fund III (ARF III) is targeting a first close at USD 75 million later in 2019, investing in SMEs in Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo and Uganda.
Duties and accountabilities
- Identify new business opportunities in countries of operation (Burundi, DRC, RoC, Uganda);
- Write investment proposals;
- Participate in the structuring and negotiating of investments;
- Monitor the operational and financial performance of portfolio investments;
- Arrange Exits;
- Establish, build and maintain productive relationships with clients, the private business community, banks in Central & East Africa;
- Keep abreast of market developments and business conditions in Central & East Africa, providing local market intelligence and analysis.
- MA in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Management.
- More than 5 year experience in the financial sector with a proven track record in developing and executing successful transactions, preferably in the PE fund management business in countries of operation.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the Central & East African business environment and key players.
- Drive, ability to work in teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and develop relationships.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills – fluency in English and French (only for French speaking countries).
- Be native and based in country of operation.
- A competitive salary
- Performance based remuneration
- Local contract, with local management company
- Extensive training
Should you be interested in this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com